Virus in NRW: What’s closed, what are the restrictions
To slow the spread of the Coronavirus in NRW, the Federal state arrangements which restrict the public life. What are the restrictions in the NRW, read here.
Schools and nurseries closed Monday
In North Rhine-Westphalia, close from Monday, 16. In March, all the schools. The Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU) announced on Friday in Düsseldorf. The day-care centres in North Rhine-Westphalia as of Monday.
On Monday and Tuesday, with schools and nurseries in Cologne are open to transitional care ensure. In day-care centres for children of people in “the system of the relevant Professions to ensure” then a emergency care.
Also read: no school, No grandparents: What parents, the Corona-Chaos now need to know
Universities and universities of applied Sciences in NRW
The Start of the summer semester at North Rhine-Westphalian universities for the time being until the 19th century. April, the end of the Easter holidays, moved. The state government announced on Friday. Actually, the summer semester at universities of applied Sciences on 23. March, and at universities on 6. April start.
TU Dortmund will also allow tests with more than 100 students will continue to take place. It is assumed that “necessary measures for the protection against infection can be taken. The work includes a sufficiently large distance of 1-2 meters between the participating persons“, so the TU on your Homepage.
New phone number for citizens to phone for the Coronavirus: 0211 / 9119 1001
The citizen’s phone for the Coronavirus, the government has) a new phone number: 0211 / 9119 1001 (Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00.
Here, the contact person can be reached, the General questions related to the Coronavirus and prevent answer. In the case of medical issues citizens should contact the doctor.
Read also: updates to the Coronavirus outbreak in the FOCUS Online News-Ticker
Events in North Rhine-Westphalia
On Tuesday, 10. March, announced that Karl-Josef Laumann, the Minister of health of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, that large-scale events with over 1000 expected participants in North Rhine-Westphalia, have to be cancelled.
Cologne bans of Sunday at all events. "We are any events in Cologne city area up to and including 10.4.2020 untersagen", informed the city Director Stephan Keller on Saturday. "This prohibition also applies to communities for worship services and other events of religion." Also cinemas, theatres, Clubs and Bars, music and dance events are affected by the ban.
Excluded from the prohibition are, for example, weekly markets, the local supply, used for events, the “for reasons of overriding public interest” necessary to be, according to Keller. Also the visiting of Restaurants and pubs is still allowed.
Cancelled or postponed events in NRW
- Billiards-world Championships in Viersen cancelled (new date probably in 2020)
- International Hardware Fair (1. to 4. March) cancelled in Cologne
- “Yonex German Open” (3. to 8. March) in Mülheim an der Ruhr
- METAV 2020 (International fair for technologies of metal processing, 10. to 12. March) moved
- The Literature Festival Lit.Cologne (10.-21. March) in Cologne
- Cyber Security Tech Summit (11. March) cancelled in Bonn
- WDR 5-literature marathon (13. March) cancelled in Cologne
- Historic year market in Bonn (13. March to 4. April) is omitted, to be rescheduled
- Flea – and antique market in Aachen place from the 14. March up to the 22. April 2020 closed
- Pro Wine Trade Fair (15. to 17. March) moved to Düsseldorf
- Cycling World Düsseldorf (21. To 22. March) cancelled
- Zurheide’s Gourmet Festival in Düsseldorf, Germany (22. March) 4. October 2020 moved
- International Fitness Trade Fair, Fibo (2. to 5. April) in Cologne on 1. to 4. October moved
- "Night of the Museen" in Düsseldorf, Germany (4. April) cancelled
- Local market in Düsseldorf (5. April) moved
- FDP moves NRW-state Convention (25. April) in Bielefeld
- Trade fair for print media, Drupa in Düsseldorf (16. to 26. June 2020) moved to 20. up to 30. April 2021
Note: A complete Overview cannot be given due to the variety of events.
Also read: football games, concerts, fairs cancelled: If you can get your money back
From Wednesday, 18. In March, the buses and trams of the Cologne transport companies according to an adjusted Saturday schedule to. Reason for this is that the KVB expects the closure of schools and day-care centres with the loss of many employees.
According to the new schedule on weekdays will be the trips before 4 PM and after 1 PM. On the tram lines 1, 7, and 18, there should be a morning “booster trips”. Depending on the needs of the bus schedule should be adapted in order to also on the Saturday schedule, in addition, important links, for example, to commercial areas, ensure. The bus lines 124, 134, 171, 172, 173, and 179 are omitted, since there are alternative offers.
All the important information on the amended roadmap, the KVB from Tuesday, 17. March, under www.kvb.koeln/auskunft available.
In addition, the Boarding of the buses of the KVB, only on the rear doors. Tickets must be purchased before Boarding at a vending machine or Online. The driver of the KVB should not need to press open the doors automatically so passengers Hold the button.
Buses will only be joined in the back. Tickets must be purchased before Boarding at the machine or Online.
Also in the buses of ASEAG as of now, no tickets can be sold closed The front door remains. Passengers must purchase their Tickets in advance via the App or in the ticket offices.
The Bonner Stadtwerke, have also decided not to sell tickets in the buses. Passengers have in the back, and the ticket to buy in advance.
Further measures in NRW
- The Dortmund Zoo closes from now on, the rain forest, home to Orang-Utans in front of the Coronavirus to protect. Whether a Transfer to the apes is possible is currently unclear. Otherwise, the Zoo is open on a regular basis.
- In Düsseldorf , all of the city’s cultural facilities and sports facilities, the community College, libraries, citizens ‘ houses and seniors centres closed to the Public. Also, the operation of the public offices is largely set.
- In Cologne since Saturday, 14. March, municipal museums, public houses, the VHS, the city library and the Rheinische music school up to and including 19. April 2020 closed. Municipal sports facilities remain open.
- The city of Duisburg closes from Monday, 16. March, urban culture, and sports sites. These should stay until the end of the Easter holidays.
- The city of Münster includes from now on the city library, as well as from Sunday, 15. In March, all city swimming pools, the art gallery and the stuff amtshaus. The people’s University, the city Museum and the reading room of the city archives, remain as of Monday, 16. March closed.
- Bonn has the Theater, the museums, the Opera, the music school, the city library, the city archives and the national University closed. Also, sports halls and swimming pools to.
- Also in the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis are all of the city’s cultural and sporting venues closed.
- The town of Düren has also all of the city’s cultural sites are closed. These include the folk high school, music school, city library, the city and County archive, the theatre, the Leopold-Hoesch-Museum and the paper Museum. Also the municipal sports halls, swimming pools and other sports facilities to.
- In Aachen are all of the all of the city’s cultural and sporting venues closed. All of the museums, libraries, the city archives, and swimming pools are included. The scheme is valid from Saturday, 14. In March, the 19. April 2020. The Aachen theatre has cancelled all performances.
Note: This list is updated on a regular basis.
On The Subject Of Coronavirus:
- Corona-crisis – Berlin close up: Is this the beginning of the Germany-shutdown?
- Restaurant visits, beer, large-scale events – Top virologist Drosten’s called hoarding "Unsinn" and warns of draught beer
- Mysterious Whatsapp-voice message – Does Ibuprofen Covid-19 even more dangerous? Clinic warns of Fake News
Where is Coronavirus? Real-time map showing the spread of the disease
FOCUS Online/Wochit Where occurs Coronavirus on? Real-time map showing the spread of the disease