Five drug-induced deaths per day in Australia in 2021, says report
Overdose and other drug-induced deaths in Australia, 2021: Other key findings
- More than three in five drug-induced deaths occurred among males.
- Overdose and other drug-induced deaths were most common among 45- to 54-year-olds (26% of deaths) and 35- to 44-year-olds (24% of deaths).
- 73% of deaths occurred in major cities.
- 12% of those who died from drug-induced death had a personal history of self-harm.
- 76% of drug-induced deaths occurred at home.
Source: Read Full Article