How is your guys week going??? This has been a great month for me!:) First, Risen came out. Then, The Young Messiah came out. Next, Gods Not Dead 2 is coming out. Then, Assurgent is coming out. Then it’s Easter. And then I got to California!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED. Like YASSSSS. I grew up there and I have always considered it my home so I cannot wait to go back. It’s gonna be so fun. 🙂
Onto the topic for today. I have always thought a huge sign of beauty and health was bright glowing skin. When I see someone with glowing skin I always think they are just so gorgeous and look so healthy no matter what there size, shape, age or anything else. So today I wanted to share the tips I have learned so far to have healthy glowing skin! 🙂
- Sleep: Sleep is so important. I think this one is fairly obvious but if you are exhausted your skin is going to look it! Everyone is going to be different in the amount of sleep that you need to feel great but make time for yourself!:)
- Skin Care: Finding a good skin care routine is hard because everyone is SO different! Some people can use oils other can’t, some people do well with exfoliating frequently and others don’t. Spend the time to cleanse, tone, exfoliate and find products that work for you and your skin will thank you! I will add that for that truly healthy natural glow I think and have found it best to make your skin care routine as natural as possible.
- Sunshine: Getting fresh air, sunshine and that vitamin D on your skin really helps your skin look super healthy. Obviously, take good care of your skin in the sun and find the amount of time that works for you!
- Vegetables/Fruits: I think it goes without saying no matter what lifestyle/diet you follow eating an abundance of water rich fruits and vegetables darastically increases overall health.
- Healthy Fats: Healthy fats such as avocados, olives, chia seeds, etc. help you absorb fat soluble vitamins and adds a softness to your skin. If you want to know more about healthy fats see HERE.
- Protein: See HERE.
- Vitamins/Minerals: There are lots of vitamins and minerals that play a key roll in skin health such as zinc, beta carotene and vitamin C. I wrote a whole post on this HERE if you want to know more about this:).
- Animal Protein: I am vegan but I know everyone is on a different journey. Cutting down on meats (especially conventional meats) can REALLY help your skin!
- Confidence: I think we all know that person who just glows with a confidence and it makes them SO beautiful. Confidence I think is the hardest but most important aspect in glowing from the inside out.
- Yoga/Meditation: Yoga is really effective because it includes lots of twists and inversions which gets a lot of blood flow to your face. The meditation aspects really helps with anxiety and worry which can really have a draining effect on your body.
I hope this helps~
What helps your skin look healthy and vibrant???