Meet Your New Favorite Royal Baby Name
With plenty of bets running as to what the soon-to-be royal baby will be named, we thought we’d take a walk down royal-baby-name memory lane to revisit some of the classics inspired by the royals of yore. We still don’t know for sure if Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is cooking a boy or a girl in there but if you know you’re expecting a little princess of your own, we’ve got just the regal girl names for you (and head over here if you want royal baby boy name inspo, on the other hand).
Some of these names go back centuries and have been repeated in each generation — while others are newcomers to the royal history books. Take your pick and set your daughter up to rule.
You can’t get much more royal than naming your daughter after one of Britain’s formidable female monarchs.
Queen Victoria’s five daughters, who all had multiple middle names, provide endless inspiration for a girl’s name with a royal tradition — and a few of these are also the names of beautiful cities or provinces.
Current British royal names
While Prince William and Kate MIddleton went for a traditional name for their daughter Charlotte, many of the names of younger British royals defy convention, showing that the royal family isn’t afraid to break with tradition.
- Zara Phillips (Princess Anne’s daughter)
- Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena (younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and of Sarah, Duchess of York)
- Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor (daughter of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex)
- Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana (daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge)
- Savannah Phillips (Princess Anne’s son Peter Phillipsand his wife Autumn’s eldest daughter and the queen’s first great-grandchild)
- Isla Phillips (Peter and Autumn Phillips’ youngest daughter)
- Lady Cosima Rose Alexander Windsor (24th in line to the throne, daughter of the Earl and Countess of Ulster)
- Mia Grace Tindall (daughter of Zara Phillips and Mike TIndall)
Other European royals
Look beyond the British royal family for a girl name that you’re not likely to hear in the schoolyard.
- Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland
- Princess Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe of Denmark
- Princess Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda of Denmark
- Princess Marie Agathe Odile of Denmark
- Princess Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie of Denmark
- Princess Benedikte Astrid Ingeborg Ingrid of Denmark
- Queen Sofiá of Spain
- Queen Letizia of Spain
- Princess Gabriella of Monaco, Countess of Carladès
- Princess Eléonore of Belgium
These elegant names from the Russian monarchy are some of our favorites.
Source: Read Full Article