Can you be paleo and vegan? Yes!!!!
Do you have to be for health? No
I don’t think all the science lines up with what they preach especially on beans and grains. I won’t get into that here but for scientific studies backing this check out plantbasedathlete on YouTube. That’s more his forte than mine and he will debunk a lot of myths with studies and links.
However, some people like it or find it feels better. For the sake of animals lives I will do a post on some tips to be vegan and paleo.
*If you are recovering from an ED this is not for you and will probably be triggering.
1. Replace pasta with zuchini, beet, carrot, squash noodles.
2. Replace rice with cauliflower rice.
3. Eat lots of Carbs. Do not fear them. They are completely healthy for you and will keep you full, balanced and happy on this lifestyle. Examples: fruit, potatoes, vegetables, yams, sweet potatos, white rice (if tolerated)
4. Balance your plate. For example if you choose your carb to be yams add a vegetable: spinach, a fat: avocado, and a protein: hemp seeds (it’s okay that has fat too in this case).
5. Find a breakfast you like that will most likely be the hardest meal to replace. Some ideas are fruit/nuts/ protein powder, balanced smoothie (I.e not all fruity), or salad for breakfast (yep! It’s good).
Do your research and keep finding replacements for things you normally eat and enjoy.
Much love. Aubrey ❤️🍏🍋🍓