- Eat enough greens/minerals: I’ve talked about this a lot but you would be surprised how much volume and how filling veggies can be. Plus, mineral rich foods can be really filling for a low calorie count. Not to mention minerals are SO good for you!:)
- Eat enough fiber: Fiber is very filling that’s why oatmeal is going to more filling than snickers or oat bran is more filling than oatmeal. Try increasing your fiber slowly and see how you feel.
- Sugar Balance: Eating to much sugary foods (even fruits) can make you crave more sugar but on the other token if you don’t eat enough sugar in your diet it can lead to lots of cravings. So just take a glance at your intake now and evaluate:)
- Is your diet working for you?: Sometimes to find a diet that fits with your taste buds and lifestyle choices you have to experiment. Do you like your food? Are you eating too much or too little? So many factors to look at, which is why there are like a million different diets out there.
- Intermittent Fasting: If you don’t have a history of food issues you can try intermittent fasting. It’s definitely not for everyone but it shortens your eating time but it allows you to eat more just in a shorter time.
- Cravings: Are you really craving certain foods. Maybe you need to just give in. Sometimes having that cookie or whatever it is will satisfy in a way no other food can. On the other hand is there a substitute you can make. Acknowledging your hunger and cravings will really help your satisfaction:)
- Not a Good Balance of Macros: If you eat to much or to little of something this can drastically affect your hunger. Try switching around the types of foods you are eating and see if that helps (i.e. more/less protein, more/less carbs, etc.).
- Calorie Restricting: If you don’t eat enough or set goals that are to tough right now you really can set yourself up for insatiable hunger or binges later on.
- Healthy Weight: If you aren’t at a healthy weight your body may increase your hunger drive to protect you and bring you back into balance. Being at healthy weight, especially as a female, is very important.