Today I wanted to share some tips for people in college! If you are in college or have been in college you know how busy it is and how hard it is to fit exercise into your schedule. I wanted to share my tips with you today that help me get more movement in a busy college schedule.
- Bring your textbooks to cardio: This is something I’ve done for a while. When you do cardio us a machine with one of those book stands and read while doing cardio or if you have notes online read them from your iPhone.
- Walk/Bike everywhere. In college you have this awesome opportunity to get so many steps in.
- Wake up A little bit earlier everyday. Even starting with getting up 10 minutes earlier and doing 10 minutes of body weight exercise is a great start. From there you can add 5 minutes every day until you hit your goal.
- Study breaks. When studying for extended periods of time every hour take 5 minutes and so some form of exercise/movement to get your blood pumping.
- Finally, follow a schedule. When you have a schedule/routine it develops habits meaning you are much more likely to follow through even when you are busy and tired.