Hey, so today I wanted to touch on a topic I think would be helpful for a lot of people. So many people, girls especially, follow diet plans a lot wether it’s Atkins, paleo, low carb, 801010, Raw til 4, or something really extreme like a master cleanse or Apple diet.
I wanted to write about how to make a diet your own. May seem obvious but you’d be suprised how many people hurt there bodies blindly following something that may not be right for them. And yes it can cause serious long term damage. I thought this would be a good post right before summer. 😉
1. Make a lifestyle change first! So, let’s say you want to go paleo but right now you eat MccDonalds and cereal everyday. First commit to a healthier lifestyle but including healthy foods such as oats and what not. This will extremely help your ability to stay in tune with your body, and not ignore its cues by going so extreme overnight. Also, if you fall off over and over and it’s not right for you there is a healthy base for you to back to verses yo-yoing.
2. Practice yoga/meditation. This goes back to learning to stay in touch with your body. You would be suprised how helpful this is in learning to stay in tune with your needs. It also helps you to be kinder to yourself, which is key.
3. Eat foods you love. Period. Never force yourself to eat nasty foods because life’s to short for that and it really sets you up for failure. *Note there is a adjustment period when you switch to healthier foods not processed and that is not what I mean;)*
4. Check eating disorder tendencies. No one ever wants to admit this, but if you have had one especially but even if you had one ask yourself. Why am I dieting? Cleansing? Do I need this? Do I need love? Do I need support? If you want to follow a “diet” or lifestyle such as vegan (which is great) or what not seek support with a registered dietician and check in with yourself daily for a while to make sure you are using this for good.
5. Lastly, use your calorie Intake. I can’t stress this enough. People buy a plan that’s just general and let’s say it’s 1400 calories and they don’t need to loose weight or maybe just a few pounds and they are eating 1900. Especially, if you don’t know how much you eat (which is great because that means you’re not counting calories) but just be aware if you’re hungry it more foods you can still follow the plan just increase portions until you’re satisfied.
6. Follow a more ethical diet aka More plant based. It’s nutrious,but also if you are following a plan based on your ethics you are most likely to adjust the plan to suit your needs to make sure you stay on it because you realize your saving lives.
7. You don’t have to follow it purely to the max you can more use ts guidelines and make your own thing. This is what I’ve done. Here’s an example of this. I really liked the 801010 diet however I couldn’t stick to it and I didn’t feel good with all the sugar so I made my own thing. I adde coconut flour for a sweet fiber rich treat, I added chia seeds, I started green juicing, and added a little more natural fats. Tah-Dah! That’s an example of using a plan to form your perfect lifestyle.
Hope this really helps. I want to say not all points everyone will agree with or use or find helpful, and that’s okay. Some people are happy with what they are doing. I think this is still a good thing to read over.
This “recipe” is so easy it’s almost embarrassing to post but I wanted to show how easy it is to avoid the toxic perfumes that affect your skin. 🙂
~small empty spray bottle (can get online, Walmart, whole foods…)
~essential oils of choice (mint, orange, lavender…)
Then fill spray bottle with water then add 5 drops each of the essential oils you want to use. Make a beautiful blend. And boom you’re done!
Will you try this recipe?
Lately I’ve been reading about the connection between diet and the effect it has on your appearance (hair, skin, nails, etc….). So far my two favorite books have been “Eating for Beauty” by David Wolfe and “Ageless Beauty” by Natalia Rose.
After being inspired by that today I wanted to share some minerals that are key in beauty and where to find them:).
1. Silicon: Silicon is present in almost all areas of the body. Silicon is imperative in the formation of a healthy teeth and jaw formation. Silicon is also considered a yoga mineral because muscle tissues contain at least 2% silicon allowing for flexibility and elacsity.
Foods containing silicon and how to use them:
~nettles (try nettle tea)
2. Sulfur: Sulfur is like so key for beauty It adds a “glow to the skin”. Is found in all connective tissue and collagen. It also plays a big role in healthy hair, skin and nails.
It is largely found in MSM, which is a superfood I highly recommend trying. It’s cheap and amazing!
3. Zinc: This is the last one I’ll touch on today but zinc is amazing. Zinc is a key member of a group of enzymes that impact collagen which gives you healthy skin complexion. It also works with vitamin E to mantain healthy reproductive organs.
Foods containing zinc:
~pumpkin seeds (trail mix, raw)
*I wouldn’t recommend a zinc supplement because it is toxic in large doses:)
I hope this helps!
Let me know below if you’d like a part ✌🏼️ to this post. 🙂
*This is just for fun and examples of cool ideas. Do not copy and if you’re on a perscribed meal plan follow that 😉
AM: 32oz Aloe Vera Lemon Water with chlorophyll, MSM and cayenne pepper
Breakfast Part 1: 16 oz carrot/celery/ginger/lemon juice with added tumeric and Sunwarrior Ormus Greens.
Breakfast Part 2: 48oz mango romaine green smoothie with added tsp. chia, acai, camu camu and healthforce greens
Lunch: Nori sheets with avocado
So that’s my day! Super delicious and easy and healthy.
What are you eating lately?
So on GMA yesterday Beyoncé announced she was going vegan. Although a lot of people are mad about the build up and “let down” it’s such a great thing. She really opened the door to make Veganism less weird to people not to mention popularized it which is so fantastic. I am not some militant person but when lives can be saved it truly makes me happy.
I also loved that she touched on the fact that it freed her of the diet mentality. I have always found that truly gives you that gift. You don’t really have to count calories, you delicious foods of all kinds, you eat tons of volume, it changes your perspective on food from calories and carbs to nutrients. It really is amazingly freeing.
I hope that you try to go more vegan even if it’s just a Meatless Monday.
What are your expierences with a vegan diet?
Edit: Miley jut announced she’s going vegan too which is awesome.
Hey guys! I have an awesome recipe coming at you today. It’s super simple yet the flavor combos went so well together!
Mango Coconut Ice Cream
~1c pineapple (has bromelain which is a digestive enzyme to help digest protein)
~2c mango (yellow foods like mango help with connective tissue and make you feel happier🙉)
~2-3 pieces of coconut meat
~1/4c water, coconut water, or coconut milk
*These are approximat measurements and feel free to adjust it for you.
Blend away. I didn’t add toppings but I should have added chia seeds and coconut shreds.
Enjoy and tag me in your insta pics here😊
I wanted to a post highlighting products that doesn’t add sugar and nasty stuff to it. It can be so complicated to shop and check ingredients all the time. So I thought each week I’d do a few posts highlighting the “cleanest” (for lack of a better word) products in that category for you to put on your shopping list.
Throughout time I will update these pages as well to keep it current. Enjoy:)
1. Rao’s Marinara is sugar free and has clean ingredients. Tastes very fresh for a packaged food. 🙂 I love this stuff. I use it over a bed of baby kale, green olives and nutritional yeast.
2. Annie’s Organic Dijon Mustard. It has zero calories and is very clean. Nothing artificial. I like it mixed with stevia or maple syrup and tahini as a dressing to dip raw veggies in.
4. Health Starts Here Dressings (only sold at Whole Foods): pretty clean ingredients, oil free, and good flavors.
I’ll keep working on this adding more that I see but I wanted to get this out there. All these ingredients can be bought in store or pure formulas with coupon code RQANXY.
Hey guys! I wanted to address why in some of my posts I have animal products when I’m vegan for ethical reasons. I want to preficit this by saying if you’re gonna be hateful please take it somewhere else. Veganism is about compassion. I have my reason for doing this and so that’s all I will say about that😉.
Anyway, I’m sure you noticed my some of posts have animal products here’s why.
1. Eating disorders. If someone is in the grips of an eating disorder it is not the right time to go vegan for most people. I love animals but eating disorders are life threatening as well and going vegan should be a choice you make with a clear mind.
2. Not everyone is there yet. I’d rather people read my blog eat healthier even with the animal products and then maybe one day try more and more vegan recipes.
3. Lastly, I give options with minimal animal products or harm to animals and would rather people eat that than like a meatza on a paleo blog (this is not a diss on paleo!).
You will always see that I start the post saying that these are options for your JOURNEY to plant based and I don’t include them in my diet.
Hope this helps.
Much love. Aubrey. ❤️
I love these posts and think laughter is so important. I hope you enjoy!!!
Christina Aguilera Impressions
*Christina Aguilera is the best at impressions. She nailed it. So funny.
Three Year Old Debates.
*I died. “Linda Hunny.”
Bradley Cooper lives at home?
Vince on Ellen on Frozen.
*Literally how I feel about Frozen. Haha.
*Jimmy Fallon, literally why I’m single.
*Literally my favorite person ever.
Everything is glue.
*This is so weird but somehow entertaining. I mean everything is glue guys.