In follow up to the post on keeping up the health of your bones and teeth I wanted to provide 20 sources of calcium on a plant based lifestyle. <3
1. Kale (1 cup-180mg): Make kale chips…Recipe coming soon;)
2. Collard Greens (1 cup-350 mg): Try to cook it in some coconut oil or juice it.
3. Blackstrap Molasses (2 Tbs-400mg): This stuff is amazing and is also a great source of so many minerals. Loni Jane is a huge fan. I would have it in the morning with some sort of citrus to get the iron benefits as well.
4. Tempeh (1c-215mg): This stuff is great in a stir fry.
5. Turnip Greens (1c-250mg): I would juice these.
6. Non-Dairy Milk (1c-200 to 300mg): I LOVEEEE this stuff. I use it with anything.
7. Tahini (1c-130mg): Use as a salad dressing. It is really good, but bitter I would combine it with lemon.
8. Great Northern Beans(1c-120mg): I would put it in a salad or stir fry.
9. Broccoli (1c-95mg): Steamed with a dash of olive oil and sea salt, mmmm.
10. Dates (1/2c-35mg): So tasty and super sweet, use them any which way.
There is so many more, but I wanted to highlight a few and give some ideas how to use them.
What’s your favorite on the list?
Have a great day guys! <3 <3 <3