Today I wanted to write about something I’m really passionate about which is the health of your bones and teeth. Many people diet and even go to extremes not realizing the effect it can have on your bones. The amount of really young people getting diagnosed with osteopenia and osteoporosis is scary. These things you live with for the rest of your life, and make your later years really hard.
If you already have one of these conditions you can reverse. I know this for a fact because I have done it. I had osteoporosis and now my bone density is almost normal. Especially if you are in your younger years your body is at its prime for building the density of the bones. All these tips will apply to you as well.
*I am not a dietician/doctor this is based on expierence and research from doctors. :)*
Without further ado here are my tips:
1. Eat Enough: if your body is starving as is the case in very extreme diets, detoxes/fasts that go on to long or aren’t done smarty, and eating disorders your body will start pulling from your bones.
2. Strength Train: these has been scientifically proven to increase bone density. I know strength training is all the rage right now but it can be even a couple times a week full body or strength building yoga or body weight training. It doesn’t have to fit a mold just strength train.
3. Avoid Dairy/Increase alkalinity: if your body is it acidic it can start pulling from the bones as well. I know this is counter to what you here but I’ve found it to be helpful. Just make sure you are getting lots of calcium from other sources. I can do a follow up post on that.
4. Avoid fluoride/ SLS in your toothpaste.
5. Floss daily. You hear it all the time I know but it helps keep your teeth clean and in line.
6. Stretch for mobility. This really doesn’t have a ton to do with actual bone density, but if you want to be able to fully use the bones you worked hard to mantain having the mobility to do so is key.
Hope this helps and take care of yourselves today.
What are some tips you’ve learned?