Someone on my instagram was talking about their struggle with IBS and I wanted to give my top ten tips to help.
There is two types IBS-D(diarrhea) and IBS-C (constipation). So I will be making those differences for each point. This post will be similar to my post on gastropersis but I wanted to give it its own post.
1. Watch your stress levels around food! IBS is largely triggered by stress, so stressing over what/how/when you should eat will make it largely worse. Practice praying before a meal, light a candle, listen to music, if you’re eating a food you think is “off plan” “unhealthy” or “to high calorie” then find the benefits of that food and use it as an affirmation of sorts.
2. Avoid dairy best you can. If you can’t for any which reason, try using Bulgarian yogurt or Kiefer (both have a lot of probiotics).
3. Take a probiotic. This is honestly the best thing. You can add raw sauerkraut too. The best one is a strain know as Saccharonyces Boullardii which goes straight to our small intestine which is where 95% of digestion takes place.
4. For IBS-D try adding carob to your diet. It helps regulate digestion.
5. For IBS-C try adding health force movement formula. It works. Follow the instructions. This is great at all times but especially during a flare.
6. Avoid artificial sweetners!!! Eat the real food.
7. Try add raw honey/apple cider vinegar/dash cayenne tonics to your day.
8. This comes from Chinese medicine, try chewing fennel seeds before your meals. I know this tastes bad but it helps.
10. Lastly see a GI specialist and make sure it’s not something more severe. This is so important and worth the money. They can give you more tips too based on your unique situation.
I sincerely hope these help.