I have such a delicious light recipe for you guys today! I decided to post this and I’ll do the other posts I promised tomorrow and Wednesday vs. today and tomorrow:) I’m gonna get straight to the recipe now!:)
Avocado Stuffed Dates(aka perfect combo of creamy and sweet with all whole foods, no oil!):
-5-10 dates(depending on hunger and/or amount of people)
-opts. Stevia liquid, cinnamon, romaine leaves
-Pit your dates and open them up
-Take about 1-2 tbs. avocado and put inside then close the date back up.
-Repeat for all the dates
-Opt. Add stevia, cinnamon or wrap in romaine leaves.
Health benefits of Dates: Energy, Fiber, Magnesium(aka something a lot of people are deficient in), Vitamin B6
Health Benefits of Avocado: Monounsaturated Fats, Fiber, Water Rich Fat-Light on Digestion, Vitamin K, Potassuim(more than bananas), Fats can help absorb nutrients in greens
Let me know what you think 😉
I’ve always LOVED cold milkshake type drinks. Here is a great low fat vegan vanilla watermelon frosty (Also, I made it raw vegan to so I’ll show how to do that also!:)
First, Here are some health benefits of watermelon for the people who are scared of the “sugar” in fruit:):::
– Highly Alkalizing and Hydrating
-Reduces Risk of Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
-High Water Content
-Helps Boost Immune System
-Energizing and Light
-High In Vitamins and Minerals
So now you can enjoy the smoothie:)
Vegan (Or Raw Vegan) Vanilla Watermelon Frosty
~ 2-4c Frozen Watermelon ( Just cut a watermelon in chunks, put in Ziploc bag and freeze:)
~Vanilla Stevia/Extract-whatever is on hand- (or if you want this to be strict raw use vanilla bean powder)
~ Opt: 1/2c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Extra Creamy), Ice (To make colder)
Blend it up. Put a straw in,
Enjoy and Let me know what you think!!!
Hey you guys, today I come at you with a post about detox. Detox is such a buzz word these days with a new “cleanse” coming out every other day. I do not believe in cleanses or anything like that. A lot of the time I find they are short starvation diets.
What makes cleanses so good is not what you are eating, but what you are not eating. In other words, you can get the probably get the same results as far as “detox” goes eating a whole food vegan diet with enough food and make it sustainable vs. going on and off a starvation diets leaving you with a bad mindset and feeling deprived. Make sense?
But you can work with your body to help it detox naturally. A lot of people don’t even realize this, but it’s your liver that helps you detox so your better off helping your body be more efficient and letting it do what it’s designed to do. The other thing is your not actually detoxing if nothing is coming out of you (I.e. going to the bathroom, sweating, etc.).
5 way to detox naturally:
1. Eat a whole foods vegan diet (or as close as possible to do with a healthy balanced mindset, see below). Kind of like I mentioned earlier, but you can’t really detox if you keep putting “crap” in it. Chemicals, Toxins, Animal Products and Byproducts all aren’t gonna help. If you can’t keep a balanced mindset like I talk about below then eat fun foods in moderations, which I think is best. Balance, Just eat fun foods consciously and let them add to your life and your health.
2. Healthy Mindset…Oh my Gosh this is SO important, no one truly realizes how key the mind and body connection is. In fact, did you know a ton of digestive disorder such as IBS are caused by stress. I truly believe good health will be very hard without working on yourself… talking, mediating, therapy if needed, nature, etc.
3. Dry Brush.. It’s this tan brush( I will put the link below) you basically just brush your body with it before showers. Your skin is your largest organ so this is super beneficial. It helps remove crap from the skin, also great for cellulite (I will also link a very detailed post below for you).
4. Inversions. You hear about this a lot in yoga. You stand on your feet all day, switching the direction of the blood flow is very helpful…. Some ways to do it… Feet on the wall, shoulder stand, handstand, plow, headstand.
5. Last but not least is rebounding. It looks a like a mini trampoline. It’s SO good for the lymphatic system and getting everything moving. You can do it as a light workout or how I like to do it get up and jump 100x to get everything going. Here is where you can get it and more information (highly recommend!)
There are a few more tips that I didn’t have time for today, if you want to know more let me know and let me know what you think.
As always have a great today. Oh,.and for more cool stuff follow me on instagram if you like here.
Have a wonderful day~
Hey guys, So everyday I someone tells me “I could never do yoga I’m not ____ enough.”
So I thought I’d give you some yoga tips and trips that help you get into cool postures.
1. Down Dog.. Your down dog should be far out enough where you can transition into plank without moving your feet back. Otherwise transitions are going to always feel really akward to you… Here is a good video on what I mean.
2. When doing poses where your flexibility is challenged. DON’T bounce. Go as far as you can hold for two long deep breaths, then inhale go a Tad further, TWO deep breaths, Repeat that one more time. Hold for a while. Yin Yoga is great for you and yes flexibility is super important. Here is a yin yoga routine(May seem hard and boring at first but you will grow to love it, promise!) and a stretch routine.
3. Are inversions your goal? Practice holding headstand or handstand for 1 min. every day (It’s just 1 minute:). As you get better start to go a little further from the wall. Also work on plow and shoulder stands too. You’d be surprised on how much this helps! Attached is a pic of shoulder stands if you wanted to practice that too. Inversions, by the way, are great for detox, stress and have been linked extensively with longevity.
I hope these help! Let me know what you think and have a great day!
So I hate to admit it but I do love superfoods and supplements not as a whole meal FYI guys but in addition to like bump it up. I work with supplements at Whole Foods and have been trained with the companies and I’ve been at Hippocrates Health Institute and Raw food Institute in Michigan. Here are the BEST one the market!
Note: I do not get paid to endorse these products…
1. By far, number one is Healthforce Nutritionals.
All of their products are by far the best. You literally feel healthier the minute you take them. The taste may take some getting used to and they are very cleansing so start with a small dose, but Jameth Sheridan(owner) is amazing. So passionate, a genius, and anything they put out is top notch. These products literally changed my life I adore Healthforce for all they have done for me so I will talk about them a bunch!;)
My favorites: The Maca (Hormonal Health and Energy), Vitamineral Earth (Hello curing digestion and Grounding), Their proteins are amazing(especially the elite green it is made with ALL GREENS:)!!) The #1 is their Vitamineral Green OMG! 🙂 . They have greens built in along with enzymes and probiotics! My dream is to work with them one day their products literally save my life!
2. Number two award goes to Garden of life
I love that it is rich in sprouts when I interned at Hippocrates Health Institute they totally explained the benefits of sprouts and again I love that It has the digestive enzymes for people like me with digestion issues!
My favorites: Raw Alkalizer and Detoxifier, Raw vitamins, 50 Billion Colon Care Probiotic:)
3. Number three goes to ……
They have so many amazing products… Including their Super Enzymes (which their is no product like it on the market it has properties to digest anything!), Greens( I love their 1lb. Chlorella) and Pretty much anything you need and all good quality:)
This site is the CHEAPEST yes cheaper than iherb and vitacost. Free shipping no matter what size the order, points toward every purchase for a discount. After you purchase your first item you get cupons for 30% of main brands like garden of life! And more plus cuz I love you guys:
Use this code:
You get AT LEAST $5..
More to come!:)
Tell me: What are your favorites????
-Pineapple (High in bromelain, Helps digest proteins)
-Massaged kale(Super nutrient dense)
-Cranberries (Great for urnary tract)
-Cold Pressed Olive Oil (Great for hair, skin, nails, colon)
What are you loving this week?
Today I want to talk about REAL food superfoods. As much as I love my superfood powders you cannot neglect the most important superfoods…REAL FOODS! Here are my top favorites at the moment (there are so many great foods that it changes all the time:):
Kefir is AMAZING. You can enjoy it as lactose free as well. Chris Kresser ( an amazing health blogger and practitioner that I recommend) recommends it frequently. Each drink has over 10 billion probiotics. CRAZY!!!! Also if Casien makes you nervous, full fat (PS. fat is not bad for you) goat milk kefir has a2 casein which is healthy, studies show it has no impact on cancer or other diseases.
My favorite brands are Lifetime, Green Valley Organics, and Redwood.
***Note: Can make vegan using coconut milk/water which is what I do****
2. Raw Honey.
Honey is the best! It is just so incredible. It can help with acne, GI issues, sore throats and it is anti-viral/fungal. Try mixing apple cider vinegar, cayenne or cinnamon, honey and water when you are sick! Also, you can use it as a face mask for acne and acne scarring. I highly recommend Manuka honey or raw honey (it should be thicker and not super runny).
Local is best but if you cannot get local the best is the brand: Really Raw Honey
I bet this is one you didn’t expect on the list but I love bananas. Many people fear them but they are great. They are full of potassium which helps balance sodium. Plus, bananas are super easy to digest making it great for people with GI issues.
~Cooking Fat (ghee, coconut oil, etc)
~Crack eggs in a bowl
~ Slice banana and put in bowl
~Cook in pan with your fat of choice on med.
What are your favorites? Wanna know more Real Food Superfoods ?
Hey ya’ll!…. So today my focus is on beans.
Fruit eaters say no. Raw fooders say no. Paleo says no. But a lot of nutritarians and long term vegans say they are crucial here are my thoughts.:)
Yes, Beans contain phytates and sometimes can be hard on digestion due to the combination of protein and carbs in one food.
BUT.. Despite this I truly believe they are a GREAT food. There is no science baking the elimination of beans all science leads to them having positive health benefits. I always go by science.
Here are the top reason people eliminate beans:
1. Phytates: First, these are not as bad as they are made out to be.
Here is my FAVORITE naturopath speaking on that:
Tips: for reducing them are one: Cook your beans in seaweed + you get the benefits of the iodine in seaweed. If this is to much time look into purchasing this brand (Eden Organics). Little more pricey, but you can use this code (RQANXY ) with free shipping plus your digestion and health will thank you.
2. Carbs. Ugh, this just makes me plain sad. YOU NEED CARBS. Your body runs on them. Just because animal protein is low carb doesn’t make it better (I’m not bashing this here simply saying science backs plant protein). Besides beans are high in resistant starch which isn’t absorbed in the gut and leads to better digestion.
-Studies on resistant starch here.
-Naturopath on side effects of high protein and benefits of plant protein here. ( Not to fear food to help you feel better if this triggers you simply do not watch. This to elevate you not make you feel worse:)
3. You’re a raw foodist or paleo. I’ll keep this short there is no science baking the elimination of beans. IN FACT, they help reduce sugar or meat and keep a BALANCED diet. I’ve also found they help reduce cravings. Boom.
Here are the health benefits:::
Protein, Zinc, Resistant starch, soluble fiber, heart health and more.
So there ya go. Enjoy;)!!!
Do you like beans?
Today I wanted to share some of the benefits of juicing along with an awesome juice recipe everyone will love! I am one who truly believes in the power of juicing (not as a meal) more like a super vitamin:
It helps with:
-Vitamins and minerals in your diet
-Getting veggies in
-Inproving Ph of the body
Here’s an awesome recipe::
Super Green Chocolate Juice:
-20 oz Green Juice of choice (celery, cucumber, leafy greens, wheatgrass, etc)
-Scoop Vega Smoothie Infusions in Chocolate (has 2 veggie servings in there)
-Tsp. Chlorella (I’ll do a separate post on this awesomeness- small amount though cuz its really cleansing!)
Put in shaker cup. Shake… It’s like the ultimate protein shake:)
Let me know what you think… What’s your favorite juice?