Hey guys, One thing I really wanted to achieve with this blog is to find ways to be healthy without being confused or get obsessed (hence the name). So today I am going to bring you another quick tip. There are a lot of spices that are super beneficial and you can just start adding them to your food to add nutrition without changing anything else:).
Here are the awesome spices and their uses:
1. Ceylon Cinnamon: Cinnamon is amazing for balancing blood sugar and tastes amazing it really helps me with sugar cravings… It’s great to put on food to stabilize blood sugar especially if you have blood sugar issues. The reason I said Ceylon cinnamon vs. Cassia Cinnamon, which is what is sold in stores is because Cassia cinnamon has some toxic properties(can’t think of a better word, sorry;) to it and if you use it a lot it can be harmful. Cassia is what is sold in stores. Here is a link to Ceylon cinnamon: Here .
Yes, It’s kind of a pain to get online but so worth it~
Uses for Cinnamon: In smoothies, On your raw desserts, Toast, Oatmeal, Juices, Fruit, Everything to me. Haha.
2. Ginger: Is amazing for digestion. Seriously. Add to your food helps with bloating and all that stuff that is so uncomfortable. (PS. the reason I am gonna add links for all these is b/c not only do you get it WAY cheaper online especially with the coupon-RQANXY- Also most spices are treated with things you don’t want in you and take away from benefits, so that’s why) Link … Here.
Uses: Juices, Salads, Raw Desserts, Stir-Fries
3. Turmeric/Curcumin: This is probably the most beneficial of the spices and tastes so good.. Almost salty to me. It is AMAZING for cancer prevention and for inflammation. If your a science nerd I am gonna link some articles and studies here to help you see how amazing this is.
You can buy organic turmeric: Here. ( A lot of people take the pills for inflammation too, Very popular when I worked at Whole Foods)
Uses: Juices, Salads, Stir-Fries, Curries, Veggies, On Avocado
4. Cayenne Pepper: So spicy for all you spice people out there. I like to put it in my lemon water first thing in the morning to really kick start my metabolism. I learned this at the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida. Here is a great article with all the benefits, you can purchase here to-coupon code doesn’t apply here though)
Uses: Lemon Water, Veggies, Salads, Tofu/Meats-If you eat them.
For some people…
5. Real Salt: I said for some people on this one , because salt is not great for everyone. Some people are most sensitive than others. I love it though. And I really think that unless you have a medical condition salt is not bad for you like everyone says. In fact, you NEED a certain amount in order for thrive and feel your best. Otherwise, you can get headaches, throw off mineral balances and in some cases pass out. Here is a good article on why you shouldn’t fear salt!
Uses: Everything, It’s salt:) Really good with fats and greens for minerals though.
Have a great day!!